Important information for patients & visitors
Modified regulations from 07.05.2021
- Visits are permitted from the 6th day of inpatient treatment and only with an up-to-date negative coronavirus test (PCR or rapid antigen test from a certified test centre).
- The visiting hours for planned visits are from 15:00 to 19:00 daily.
- Each patient may only have 1 visitor each day.
- You are required to register by calling +49 221 478-55777 before visiting.
- Call +49 221 478-55777 on your mobile phone
- Obtain a personalised link to a questionnaire free of charge by SMS text
- Complete the questionnaire (it includes questions about the visitor’s contact information, as well as about symptoms and risk factors of a SARS-CoV-2 infection)
- A QR code for the visitor registration is generated from the information collected
- Please note: The caller ID must be switched on in order for this to work correctly.
- Visitors must present the QR code generated after online registration at the registration points – Ward entrance foyer (Building 8), Heart Centre entrance foyer (Building 40), Gynaecology and Obstetrics Hospital entrance area (Building 47), Paediatric Hospital entrance area (Building 26) – together with the current negative coronavirus test result, which represents evidence that the visitor has undergone symptom screening. Click here for the map.
- Visitors will be given a registration band, which changes daily, to signal that they have registered correctly.
- Visitors will not be permitted access to the wards without the correct registration band.
- Please ensure that visits are no longer than 1 hour.
- Please adhere to University Hospital Cologne general hygiene rules throughout the entire campus.
As a visitor, can I also arrange to have a rapid test on site?
In addition to the many certified coronavirus test centres in Cologne and the surrounding area, you also have the option of having a rapid antigen test at the University Hospital Cologne. This test is free to visitors as a “residents’ test”. Testing in the Infection Protection Centre of the University Hospital Cologne (Building 11) is available from Monday to Friday between 11.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
Please note: Free rapid antigen tests are not available outside of these hours at the University Hospital Cologne.